Friday 9 October 2009

On Safari with Bella Toile

Phew! I've managed to be on time for my second turn at hosting the safari - although a flat camera battery did its best to thwart me. That's what you get for forgetting to turn the camera off. Really must get a spare battery! Still, it's charged up overnight, and fortunately it's not raining this morning so I could get outside for some good light.


Card/Paper: Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla
Ink: Always Artichoke, Versamark
Stamps: Bella Toile, Fresh Cuts
Other: Clear Embossing Powder, Always Artichoke 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Very Vanilla 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
Card Size: 15cm x 10.5cm (approx 4" x 6")

My first order from the new Stampin' Up! catalogue arrived yesterday, but I have been very good, and did my preparation for the class I have today, before playing with anything! Sadly I didn't have a lot of time, so had to content myself with this very quick card for today's post. I used my lovely new Bella Toile stamp, and heat embossed it using Versamark and clear embossing powder. The Stampin' Up! powder is very fine, and perfect for the detail in a stamp like this. I didn't want to cover up the image too much, so I just added a strip of card punched with the Eyelet Border punch and some ribbon. Finished off with a sentiment from Fresh Cuts.

Off on the school run now, and then to the class I'm giving at my local craft shop.

If anyone is waiting on an email reply from me, I couldn't access my email account last night, and still can't this morning. My apologies for this - I'll sort it out when I get back late this afternoon.


post signature

6 comments:

aleeeksia said...

Topping this card!!!
Such would like to get ;).

Greetings
Alex

Jackie said...

Beautiful card Jo, this new background stamp is lovely. Have a great class today.

Jackie

Yvonne said...

Oh my , this is stunning.
Love the stamped background. such a classy looking card this one.

Ludkasz said...

Beautiful, elegant card:)

Janet said...

A very simple and yet elegant card, Joanne. Thank you.

Ruth M said...

Oooh, this is so elegant and classy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...