Sunday 11 October 2009

Last Stop on our New Catalogue Safari

Welcome to the last day of the safari - and we're flower spotting again. But then what else would you expect from me?!

This card is for my daughter Nicola who was 21 yesterday.



Card/Paper: Barely Banana, Lovely Lilac, Certainly Celery, Whisper White plain & textured
Ink: Lovely Lilac, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery
Stamps: None - computer generated wording
Other: Pretties Kit pearls, Heat & Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds
Card Size: 21cm x 15cm (approx 6" x 8.25")

Keen eyed safari goers will also spot the new border punch that I've used on this card. It's so nice to have a pretty border punch that will work happily on card as well as paper! I punched the edge of a piece of card, and then trimmed off the punched edge to make it into a narrow strip which I snipped and curved along the edge of the white.

The top corners and the line of holes for the faux stitching were done using more new items - the mat pack and paper piercer. Even though the template has holes in straight lines, you can use it to prick along a curve as I have done here.

I used my drawing program and a font called Harrington to generate the 21 and the greeting. The mat layer on the 21 has been cut from Whisper White then glittered using Heat & Stick powder and Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I embossed the yellow numbers using a Cuttlebug folder, and sponged the edges with the matching ink. The background was quilted using my Fiskars paper trimmer and bone folder.

I've discovered that the paper piercer makes an excellent tool for scoring the line down the middle of my leaves and petals, so I've used that for these ones, along with an embossing stylus. I used three punches for the flowers - the Scalloped Circle, Five Petal Flower, and Boho Blossoms Punches.



post signature

8 comments:

stampingcaz said...

great card Jo, I LOVE the wording with the punch!! FAB idea. Thanks so much for joining the safari! Same time next year?? Cazx

Merry said...

This is such a beautiful card...I am sure your daughter loved it. Love how you used that border punch. All the textures are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

This is so so pretty. You are such a talented woman! Do you have any idea how blessed of God your creative hands are? Your really talented and the best is that you do share that talent with so many to learn from. God continue to bless your life to bless others.
Debi Nicol

Conniecrafter said...

very cool card, Love the texure in the numbers, pretty colors and neat idea for the border punch, tfs!

Janet said...

A lovely card Joanne. The colours are so fresh and the flowers beautiful. I wouldn't have known to use the 5 petal punch for the foliage!

Julie said...

I just love this card Joanne - are you sure you weren't a florist in a previous life - you have green fingers!!! Juliex

Grenouille Greetings said...

What a beautiful card. I love the colours and the textures! The soft curve at the bottom lends added softness without detracting from the bold design and your use of the punch at the end of the sentiment is very clever. I love the flowers too! I am inspired! Lesley

Magaly said...

your creations are beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...