Saturday 10 October 2009

Christmas Roses



I had a lovely day teaching a floral punch class yesterday at my local craft shop. It's so nice tucked in the class room there, overlooking the fields and away from the world. Easy to ignore the rain when you're engrossed in making flowers! Thank you to all the ladies for being such a lovely group to teach.

This is the card we made in the afternoon. The large white flowers - the Christmas roses - are made using a birch leaf punch for the petals, stuck onto a five petal flower shape to give the spacing and finished with a stamen punch for the centre. Holly leaves and a maple leaf punch for the ivy had a little brown sponging round the edge for a bit more dimension. The centres of the small white and red flowers all have liquid pearls.

We had a little extra time, so made a tag to match the card.


Don't forget to hop over to Natalie's blog today for the Safari!

post signature

9 comments:

Ruth said...

This is beautiful,very elegant,Ruth x

Patti said...

I love this - I have started following you as I love your punched flowers. We have a stamping show coming up and I cannot wait to get some good punches...I was just thinking of making some tags with some flowers I am building - you beat me to it!!

Patti Jo said...

Beautiful flowers and arrangement! Love the stamped swirls too! Gorgeous card and tag!!!

Conniecrafter said...

The flowers are just lovely, beautiful arrangement!

Oma said...

I wish I had been there! Love the flowers and the card.

anja said...

wauw very pretty this card.gr anja

Rachel said...

This is beautiful, Your flowers are just lovely!!!:)

Alison L said...

I love this card. Thanks for sharing your creativity. Regards Alison

Anonymous said...

love the card- your flowers are just beautiful- must take you forever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...