Friday 11 July 2008

Apricot Flowers


Ingredients:


Card/Paper: Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Whisper White card.
Ink: Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery.
Stamps: Garden Silhouettes, Sincere Salutations.
Other: 5/8" Certainly Celery gross grain ribbon, Crystal Stickers pearls, Three For You flower punch.

Method:

This card was inspired by Monica's card here.

Inked up the flower branch from Garden Silhouettes set with markers so that I could do the flowers and leaves in different colours. Stamped the image twice, re-inking inbetween. Then cleaned the stamp, re-inked, and stamped a little here and there with just Certainly Celery. Sponged around the edges - the sponging on one corner under the ribbon was definitely an embellishment opportunity! Matted onto the apricot card, and tied on the ribbon. Stamped the feathery stem onto the background card, and added the greeting - both using the Stampamajig. Matted onto apricot card, and then fixed all onto a pre-scored card base 13.5cm square. Finished with some punched flowers, shaped as per my little plaid flowers, with a little pearl in the centre.

post signature

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this card Joanne! Actually, I love all your cards! I'm sorry I don't comment more often.

Thanks for another beautiful example!

Janet Kay (bspruce)

CeeJays Craft Central said...

This card is so pretty and I love the little flowers. I have made a few cards using the little flower tutorial, thnks for sharing your talents.

Monica Gale said...

This is such a beautiful card the combo really stands out. Beautiful rerally beautiful M xxx

Carola said...

So nice !! I wish I´d had this stamp set :)
Joanne, I have a nomination for you on my blog !
Cheers
Carola

Sue said...

Such a pretty card, the colours you have used are so beautiful.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, such pretty colors and stamping, love your ribbon too!

Theresa Momber said...

I love this, Joanne. It is absolutely stunning.

Francien said...

this card is absolutly stunning....well done...love those little flowers...well done!!
greetings Francien.

Anonymous said...

Be still my heart! This is so lovely I can't get enough of looking at it. Simply gorgeous!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, the colors are divine!
LeAnne

Curt in Indy said...

Joanne, this is stunningly beautiful! Best, Curt

Myrt said...

....so delicate and stunning...the colours are beautiful as well. Well done, as always.

Kyla Nicole said...

I don't usually like those colors together, but your card is beautiful!

Ana Baird said...

Stunning and beautiful!

Jose said...

Gorgeous card, especially like those little yellow flowers, I have tried your tutorial, and was quite pleased with the result, I will use it again.. Thank you

The Country Rose said...

I've been having so much fun browsing here :). This card is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Barb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...